Monday, December 20, 2010

Cheap transformation: knock down a wall

When we were at dinner with friends the other night, Jimmy revealed his idea for our next house project: let's knock down the wall between our kitchen and dining room. Ummm....why hadn't he mentioned it sooner? I'm not sure!!! So that was a week and a half ago and we figured, why wait (does that surprise you??)? Saturday morning, that was our mission.
Here are the befores.....one view from the kitchen.
And a view from the dining room. See ya later wall. Not sure what I'm going to do with these pictures, but after you see the results, you will realized why I'm not too worried :)
This my friends, it was what Jimmy and my dad did when we were supposed to be mid-demo. Yes, that's the KU game. Yes, it was Selby's first game. So I had to take things into my own hands.
literally...
and boy was that fun! I loved the feeling of smashing through the wall!!!

Oh, and now he's getting involved since I was talking about how fun it was!


And...the progress continues!!

It's all gone- now talking next steps :)


And all cleaned up! Still need to finish the tile work, finish trimming it off and affix the pantry cabinets to the wall, but looks awesome!!



View from the stairs from the family room!

Same view as the first picture- can you believe that's only one day of work? From 10:30 to 5:30? And we spent no money! AHH- what a crazy awesome transformation! I love it!!



So there you have it, with still some work to do, but WOW!! I absolutely love it and cannot believe how much it has changed. Holy cow!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you and Jimmy are way more brave than we are! It looks awesome! I love how it opens things up.

    ReplyDelete