Better late than never, right? Well, on February 19 - you officially were 7 months old and one more closer to being a YEAR! AH. This is SUCH a great age and you are so adorable and fun and I am just loving all the fun you bring to our family. You're eating more food, smiling and laughing more and learning so many new "skills" - like sitting strong, playing with your toys so independently and planking in an attempt to crawl! It was a fun month.
Weight: On 3/3 doctor's trip he was 19lbs and 1 oz!!!
- We can say this is the month that you became a super strong sitter. And it's the BEST stage (in my opinion!).
- You aren't crawling, but Ms Marie says you are moving backwards. I don't think we ever let you get that far because some kid is in your face - haha!
- We made the transition out of the dock a tot! Wahoo!! You were just rolling around SO much, that I felt like it was developmentally getting in the way. Surprisingly, the transition to sleeping and napping out of that wasn't too bad at all. You are all over the place in the crib but are still a content sleeper!
- Made another change in this past month - up to size 3 diapers and it's so much better! Not getting squeezed.
- pretty much 9 month clothes for everything. They are a little loose, but still, the 6 months clothes were tight. 9 month PJs are tight and we are moving onto 12 months.
- Talking a LOT! Well, baby talk. It's like this past month you found your voice AND decided you needed to be heard in this crazy, loud family!
- I can't believe I am saying this - but you are up to EIGHT ounce bottles at day care and take 3 a day. I keep wanting/needed to drop to 2 pump times per day, but I'm barely keeping up with you, so I'm holding strong.
- You love food and this month we introduced some mum mums because you were constantly reaching for things!! You don't QUITE get them and most of the time you break them up, they end up on the floor or Toby finds them and snatches them up off your high chair tray! But we are getting there. Puffs will be soon!!
- FIRST ear infection. Oh man. I surely thought since you hadn't been sick yet, we were avoiding this one all together. Man I was wrong. It was raging in both ears and you were still as happy as ever. God love you.
Things you like:
- Milk, milk and more milk. Give you breastmilk from the boob, bottle, mixed in with food and you are happy.
- Bouncing in the bouncer and the johnny jumper. I'm going to be sad when you're not interested in these things because they seem to keep you so entertained!
- Still love being tickled and your belly laugh can always brighten my day!
- For the most part, you like being close, but you're fine if we sit you down and give you some toys to play with - but you make sure we pay attention to you! You're not one to be forgotten!
- Snuggling with me when I put you to bed.
Things you don't like:
- Screaming and loud noises!!! You freak out!!
- And if you aren't getting attention!!
- Your first trip to Wichita to visit the Hart family - we have had lots of these trips and your big brother and sister LOVE them and spending time with Landon there - and you did too! You did decide not to sleep, but we forgave you!
- Your first Valentine's Day and exposure to our family's ridiculous tradition of taking Valentine's Day pictures. Ha.
- Had some fun on a solo date night with mom and dad, while your siblings were at Nana and Papa's. Always love that one on one time.
- Lots of workouts with mom (per usual - you're a good workout partner!)
- Feel asleep on a beautiful February day stroller ride
- BALL pit!! This was at the church nursery and our friend, Kristi, snapped it and send it to me - so happy!
A note to our sweet boy:
Can't believe another month has come and gone. I was telling my sister (aunt Lulu) the other night how the months seemed to drag by with Charlie because it was all so overwhelming and no sleep. But with you my little man, they are FLYING by. It's hard to believe in just a short 7 months you've gone from this little newborn to this hilarious little guy that is starting to plank, interact with us so much more. You have quite teh personality and are quickly finding your place with your siblings. From the early morning wake ups they are DYING to make in your room (with my permission!) and the look on your face and theirs when you come into the room. You just light up our lives so much. We are so thankful for you and your health and all the fun you have brought to this world!
Your mom (and dad)