Monday, January 2, 2012

Pinterest cooking

All right...I haven't blogged about Pinterest yet.  And yes, I'm with the crowds and I'm completely obsessed.  I jumped right in and started making some boards and pinning away.  However, the most frustrating thing I feel like is there are all these ideas that I post to all these boards and rarely actually use them.

Well - this post is dedicated to my cooking board and some reviews on things that I have pinned and actually made!

Green Bean Casserole
- This is a standard recipe, but I pinned it and it was delicious.

Recommendation: LOVED
From Betty Crocker



Pizza Balls
- Made these for a Christmas party
- They looked delicious and sounded really easy...mainly because it's canned biscuits
- I used pepperoni and sausage ones....but didn't really like either  

Recommendation: eh..not so much

Pizza balls! Absolutely delicious! Fast and easy! Canned biscuits, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and diced pepperoni all rolled into a ball and put in a muffin pan! Bake for 15 minutes! Add whatever other ingredients you'd like! Dip in sauce!
Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Tried this out...
- Didn't work like I thought it would 

Recommendation: eh..not so much
Source

Crockpot Lasagna
- The noodles were actually cooked - which was good
- I left it in the crockpot for too long, so it burned

Recommendation: eh..not so much

Source

White Chicken Enchilladas
- These had raving recommendations on pinterest
- I kind of burned the cheese on the last step because you had to broil it...

Recommendation: Overall, I would say a huge success!  They were so good.  Jimmy and I both took them the next day for lunch too!  YUM!

Source

Hot bean dip
- This was so easy with just a few ingredients!
- I took it to a Christmas party and it was a HUGE hit!

Recommendation: Overall, I would say a huge success!  Very much enjoyed it - might be a new staple appetizer to take to parties!

Source

Zucchini Oven Chips
- I had some left over zucchini in the fridge and some parmesan cheese
- I think I made them wrong...but eh.

Recommendation: eh..not so much

Source

Mexican Crescent Wreath Appetizer
- I had planned to make this for the Carter Christmas (which was Mexican themed)
- I didn't make it - so I have no clue if it was good.  But dang, it looks good.

Recommendation: no clue!!!  I will try it someday!

Source
So there you have it....my pinterest cooking recommendations.  That's all for now folks.  Hopefully I can actually get onto making some of the DIY home stuff I have pinned in 2012.....

PS My mom got us iPhones for Christmas (but we don't get ours until we can upgrade in April...) but when I have mine and have that pinterest app...wow....bad news!


No comments:

Post a Comment