Monday, February 16, 2009

Oh Chenise...

So for the past two week at my work phone I have been coming to work each morning with a missed call on my phone. Every time I look to see who it is...it's the same 800 number with no message. No big deal because they call at night, so I just go about my work days. Well then, they start calling during the day and I would pick up and say my usual greeting when it's from an outside caller.......and they would hang up on me. That's when I started getting angry and would end each phone call with a big "SIGH" in frustration. My cube mate would laugh and say "Prank callers again?". I did not laugh.

Last Thursday they called and I answered, secretly crossing my fingers under my desk someone on the other line would talk. They finally did. They said they were looking for Chenise M (we'll leave this semi-anonymous)...I said, "Sorry dude, this isn't her number, I don't know who she is and please take me off your list to call." He quickly muttered under his breath "Sorry for taking your time"..and hung up.

FIVE DAYS LATER (aka Monday)

Mid-afternoon on a slow Monday, I look over at my phone and to my surprise my message light is beeping. It turns out it's from a nice lady name Collette at a check processing firm looking for Chenise regarding a check she wrote to Surplus Super Center LLC. So obviously not me. I kind of forget about it thinking "Wow that sucks for this Chenise person".

To my surprise, when I return from a meeting I have another message. Although this one is not so friendly. It goes like this...(please say the following in an angry woman's voice):

"I'M CALLING FOR CHENISE M AND I KNOW SHE'S THERE BECAUSE THIS IS THE NUMBER ON HER CHECKS. MAKE SURE YOU TELL HER THAT HER CHECKS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED AT SURPLUS SUPER CENTER. WE KNOW WHAT SHE'S UP TO. AND YOU BETTER PASS THIS MESSAGE ONTO HER BECAUSE I KNOW SHE'S THERE."

Yeah, so I obviously start cracking up because I am being threatened at work about someone I don't know. So I go with returning phone call number one and simply disregard the rude message you see above. I call the check processing lady back and explain to her that this is my work phone, I do not know Chenise M and it'd be great if they would stop calling me because she's never going to get the message. The lady actually starts laughing when I tell her that and says this lady has my office number listed on her checks, but she'll mark that down and thanks for calling her back. I also let her know that the store called and left a mean message, and she said "yeah that is typical". So apparently, everyone should shop at Surplus Super Center. It looks really nice: http://surplussupercenter.tripod.com/. I wasn't aware that "gotrdone" was a phrase that was allowed to be posted on public websites. I will let Erica, the PR lady who is good with words, be the judge on that one.

What can I say, just another Monday in the card making business :)

1 comment:

  1. Your life is so ridiculous. I wonder, from a PR standpoint (tee hee), what Surplus Super Center has to say about this?

    ReplyDelete