Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A baby filled lake trip


So I'm working my way through all these great pictures and events I want to share over the past few months.  I'm even staying up late to do this {that's dedication people}.

The first weekend of June, our friends Sarah and Josh invited us to head down to the Ozarks with their cute little family, along with the Gray family to hang out at Sarah's grandparents lake house.  A vacation with friends that are on the exact same crazy baby schedule?  Um - sold.  We had a few things scheduled - including a baby shower I had to end up missing for a work friend - but we decided it was worth missing out because this was going to be FUN.  And guess what?  It was all that and more and it was MUCH needed time away from normal life and some great times with friends.

I mean - this was what our Saturday consisted of.  Yes, life is good, friends.


Time for a role call from the weekend attendees.  Sarah and her little man, Bo, are on the far left - she was the host.  Then her sweet cousin that I finally got to meet, Emmy, with her sweet little girl Karigan are the next cute pair.  Karigan was the lone girl but is just a few days older than Charlie.  Charlie and I are next and then the cute pair of LeighAnne and Bennett Gray.  What else is fun?  Bennett and Bo are the same age - I mean the EXACT same age.  Yep, these best friends had their sweet baby boys the SAME day.  Pretty fun.  They are 3 months younger than Charlie - soon enough they will be roughing him up versus him doing it to them!

We got to the lake on Friday night after work and it was a smooth drive down there.  We quickly put the boys in the bathtub together (hilarious) and got them into bed.  And then we stayed up way too late talking and laughing.  And it was so fun.  Much needed girl time and gossiping.  After going to bed way too late, Charlie decided he was going to wake up.  UGH.  Usually we just let that kid cry it out, but with other so close and other sleeping babies - I held him and tried to get him back to sleep.  After 30 minutes and trying many things - no such luck.  So I looked for back up - aka my husband.  He was nowhere to be found.  30 minutes later, still crying and I had to pee.  I found Jimmy asleep under the staircase - AFTER I peed with Charlie on my lap.  Just another day in mom world, right?  Well - I woke him right up and he was in charge of getting him to sleep.  Super dad got him to sleep.

The next day - we headed right to the dock for some sunshine, baby pool and an amazing baby play area.  OMG.  Emmy and her parents have a house right next to Sarah's grandparents, so they are down at the lake all the time and got this awesome gate.  It was amazing containing Karigan and Charlie who are ALL over the place.  Definitely gave me a piece of mind after my crazy mom nightmares the night before that he was going to crawl into the lake!  I really want this.  AH!


Overall, it was a pretty fantastic day at the lake.  A great and relaxing day filled with sunshine, good drinks, fun conversation, lots of laughs and some good nap time (for the babes and a 15 minute power nap for me!).


 Josh and Bo - how cute are they?  And me relaxing with my babe after his nap!


Jimmy insisted Charlie get in the lake.  It was COLD, but dad knows best right?  Well - believe it or not, after Josh literally dropped Charlie into the lake by holding his life jacket - Charlie didn't cry when he was in the lake with his dad and dad was ALL smiles.  So happy these boys.


Here is a great group shot of everyone.  Thankful for these people in our lives.  Been friends with Jimmy for all to long and we are lucky to have babies the same age!!!


Finally - the night ended with another fun bathtime where we got a few more pictures of these crazy babes.  Needless to say, the fact that my kid was super mobile didn't make it easy.  Bo and Bennett look so cute and content.  Well, not for long mamas!!



Outtakes:  I have several more, but this gives you an idea of what craziness it was!!!!  These boys are so freaking cute.



And after the babes were in bed, we spent more time and stayed up late doing this.  Have you heard of the face juggler app?  Well however much it cost Josh - it was worth it because seriously we laughed for hours with different pictures he switched around.  Including this gem......



Yep, let's pray we don't have a girl.  Or if we do that she doesn't look like Jimmy.

PS - we also got to see this cutie later that evening in KC!  Love these 2!  Growing up too fast!!!



post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. Your face switched with Jimmy's. I have no words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that lake trip looks so fun! haha that is a hilarious photo of your faces switched!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures switch photo made me laugh out loud! Wow.

    ReplyDelete