Friday, July 19, 2013

Five on Friday - happy weekend!




We are on vacation and living it up day #2 at the lake with the Carter clan - but have some randomness to blog about still!

{ONE}
Thankful.  Wow, this week threw us quite the loop on Monday when my dad called and said that he was headed to Iowa because my grandpa was really sick and didn't know if he would make it.  So hard hearing my dad so upset and lots and lots of prayers were said.

With a huge obstruction in his colon causing him lots and lots of pain, there were lots of decisions that had to be made about hospice, surgery, etc.  But at 11:30PM on Monday night, they did surgery and my dad said at 4AM it was done and as he was in the ICU he said he felt so much better.

My dad is still up in Iowa taking care of some details, but we are all thankful that he is feeling so much better and still with us.  Here is my sweet grandpa and grandma with Charlie this March!



{TWO}

Empty.  This is what our house looks like now.  And slowly but surely we are getting those last minute things boxed up and they will be moved out and next weekend, it will be set up for a big first birthday bash!!!  Getting so excited!



{THREE}

I got a spray tan on Wednesday night before the lake and while it wasn't that great of a tan...I seriously wish I could always have a spray tan.  Or be tan, but a spray tan always makes me feel like a new person.  I mean check out this before and after (I found this image and died laughing...)

{FOUR}

Sweet treats.  With the annual lake vacation, comes annual lake cooking/baking.

I usually always bring cake cookies (so easy - ) and they are always a hit.  Actually, Jimmy's brother Pat, always asks me to make them.  This year, I threw him a loop and made a double batch of these Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Crumble bars that I pinned on Pinterest.  OMG.  Made them on Wednesday night for the lake - so easy.  Brought them out at the lake on Thursday night and there are TWO left.  I'd say they were a hit.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Crumble Bars averiecooks.com

{FIVE}

Does anyone else still watch the Bachelorette?  That is seriously one of the few shows that I still make time (and even stay up late) to watch.  And guess what?  I've gotten Jimmy hooked too.  We finally have at least one show to watch together.
 
What I'm dying to see is how Des' brother acts with these guys.  From this article, it sounds like she's cut off communication with him!! I'm a little sad that Zac left last week because he was pretty funny, but I can see how the others she is probably a little more compatible with.  Still trying to decide my favorite....I haven't read the spoilers yet, but I just want to know!!
I mean...he works out, right?

 Happy weekend!!

 post signature

4 comments:

  1. OMG just died laughing at the spray tan pic! Funny!Love the Bachlorette still, I cheated and know who she is going to marry! I am a new follower, stop by and say hello!
    Have a great weekend, your little one is adorable!
    Jamie
    lovelongtime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny…when I saw you repinned that recipe I actually wondered if you were going to make them for Branson! Glad they were a hit!! And so happy that your grandpa is doing better…I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your first spray tan! You were orange forever! And Jimmy was such a good sport to still take you on that cruise! So glad you have perfected the spray tan! AND so glad you haven't included any pictures from the Bruns "storage" unit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying over the spray tan photo ! Haha!! So very true!!! And I look forward to Monday nights every single week..... I'm going to be so bummed when the show is over!

    So glad you joined the link-up!!!!

    ReplyDelete