Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Maddie's nursery - finally complete!


With Maddie's 8 day early arrival and the fact that I was cramming everything possible into the last few weeks before she was supposed to come- there was lots I still needed to complete in her nursery.  Luckily, it was all mostly minor crafty things to complete so of course the week after her arrival was it.

I did have somewhat of a "deadline" since the newborn pictures were 8 days after her arrival...so crafting was in full swing and luckily jimmy was at home most of the week to help too!!

So here you go- Maddie's nursery debut!


The view from the doorway.  I love the high ceilings!



Her dresser/changing pad.  Eventually the orange canvases will have some hair clips on it- or so I envision when she gets a bit more hair!


I used some of the leftover cut outs of our pups from when my friend Jennifer helped make some bigger ones for Charlie's nursery 2 years ago.

The sweater and booties were made for Maddie by her Grana (Jimmy's mom).


I downloaded a fancy font and printed them on some of our cream shiny paper that I still had from our wedding (yes- over 4 years ago!).  Then I had Jimmy cut some 45 degree angles out of 1x2s and nailed them together and spray painted them shiny silver!  Took some guidance from Ana white's plans here.



And then the other side of the room was where I had the bulk of work to do.  Had to finish the simple bookcases (also from Ana White) that I made for Charlie's room too.

This is the "reading nook".  Which Jimmy laughed at me for because I envisioned Charlie coming in here and sitting on the pillow mat (made with inspiration from here) - but I thought it was funny when I was taking pictures he plopped right down and started reading and looking so cute!!!


The initial letters are from Walmart, the vase thing is from Joann's and I made the little burlap flowers to add a little color!



The window has an arch over it that I covered up to keep the room somewhat dark for those future day time nap times.







And the unused wall space by the door? Well that's where the mamaroo lives and thankfully- little girl loves it just as much as her brother did!! Yeah :-)


So what do you think of the results? I am pretty excited about it and think this room will serve her well for a long time!!  Not too "baby" and a lot of love.  The whole thing was pretty inexpensive considering we were super lucky to get the crib and dresser from family and the chair as well!

Here is a list of details...however, I didn't purchase much!

Crib and dresser: hand me down from cousin Will
Glider: hand me down from Aunt Lyndsay
Ottoman: made from a stand that my dad built for my sister's fundraiser and then I made the cover (that I can easily take off and wash...)
Curtains: made by my aunt with extra fabric that I had- all the fabric is from sheets purchased at Target (the cream and colored) and coral sheets are threshold brand
Frames/prints: made by the hubs and printed by me
Lamp: hobby lobby
Rug: urban outfitters sale
Crib sheet and crib skirt: made by me out of the sheets
Fabric banner: made by me; knobs from Home Depot
Letters: Walmart 
Bookshelves: made by me from Ana White

I think that's it- as you can see, most of it was DIY. Which is funny because I said I wasn't going to do ANY DIY stuff in her room. Ha.  However, it was worth the time and effort for my baby girl!!!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment