Friday, September 4, 2015

Five on Friday back in action

LONG couple of weeks.

LONG.  And so happy that it's the weekend.  And even better it's a LONG weekend.

Too many capital "LONG" up there.  So sorry, friends.

Here we go!


{ONE}

September = Fall = Football

You know what fall means, right?  Football.

And this year our family is all about football.  no, I wish we had season tickets to some team (I would prefer K-State, but would even deal with KU tickets)...but instead we have a priority and front row seat to 8th grade boys football.  Because we have an "in" with the defensive coordinator.  Yep - FINALLY Jimmy's season is starting with games kicking off next weekend.  While we can't make it to the first game because of a wedding the kids and I go to, we can't wait to watch them play soon!!!

He wears a whistle well, right??



{TWO}
Ok - I finally did the Hy-Vee Aisles online shopping and did a pick up (not delivery yet!).  I have mixed emotions and feel like I need to do it a few more times.



The shopping online was fast but it was a little more difficult than I thought it would be to find certain things.  Maybe I am missing something but the search function when looking for certain things wasn't there.  I could find the Hy-Vee brand hamburger buns for example but not the hot dog bugs that brand.  I also was doing it pretty fast at 6:40AM with Charlie on my lap...so next time I will give myself more time!!

I called them right when I left day care and parked in the designated spot.  I was a little confused as to whether they were just coming to my car or I had to do something else.  Luckily my kiddos had some snacks but I eventually called the number again and the lady showed up at my van and then just said to pull up to the front.  Overall - it took longer than I thought it would...but seriously so much better than unloading my kiddos out of the car, into a cart, walk around the store, stand in line + pay on a Friday afternoon after work and a long week.   Verdict?  I will absolutely give it another try!  I'm excited to try the delivery!


{THREE}



This.  Just this.

It is NOT 21 day fix approved (to be clear - which I'm starting another round on Monday).

But it tastes like fall and is a good cheat.  And I can see these making the cold fall mornings a lot more fun!



{FOUR}

I mean right now.  SO MANY BABIES right now.

And I get to meet this little man this weekend.  I cannot wait.


Sweet baby Carroll.  

My dear friend, Erica, had her sweet baby boy on August 26th.  Erica and Andrew have had a rough go around trying to have this sweet sweet boy and what a miracle that he 's finally here. 

I cannot wait to meet him.  OMG.  I need some baby snuggles.  I'm also looking forward to finally meeting her sweet foster kids (check out more about Erica and Andrew's story here).

SO many babies lately I cannot handle it!!!  I cannot wait to meet Lauren's sweet baby boy too!


{FIVE}

Ok so my birthday was last week right?  Well two weeks ago...Jimmy bought me an Apple watch.  My life is changed FOREVER.

I thought it was so silly, but then we went to check it out and I said ok that we could buy it.  And I love it.  So so much.  I am planning to do a whole post on it because there are lots of cool things to say!!!



Happy September - I cannot believe how fast summer went by!

Linking up with these ladies: DarciAprilNatasha and Christina.


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment