Thursday, November 4, 2010

Things I love

I have been in an unusually good mood the last 2 weeks....not that I'm normally sad/mad, but I just feel better, have been forcing myself to be more relaxed about things (that normally would drive me mad!), haven't had non-stop headaches and am really trying to put that optimistic spin on the world and all that we have been blessed with, that is usually my husband's role :)

On my walk last night with the dogs, I was thinking about a few of the things I love:
  • A crisp, cool walk on a fall evening...the smells, the temperature, the feel in the air that winter is near and leaves falling from the trees (in other people's yards...not ours!)

  • Drinking water- and lots of it! I have gone 2 days with NO pop, which is quite the accomplishment for me. **Also think this might a reason my headaches have decreased!

  • Working out- while 5:15AM might seem early, after 2 weeks straight of getting up and working out to Turbo Fire, I honestly have to say I feel more energized throughout the day and after I physically pull myself out of bed....I can't wait to get my day started off right!

  • Jimmy. He baked for the first time. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S cookies. And he's cute :)



  • Family - my parents for always being there when I just want to pop by their house and chat....and raid their fridge, just to feel like I live there and am a kid again :) And Jimmy's family and our wonderful nieces and nephews. We got a card in the mail yesterday written by Libbie, our 8 year old niece (aka Taylor Swift for Halloween) thanking us for dressing up, telling us she loves us and giving us stickers with our initials on them...which we will proudly wear. Now that right there kept a smile on my face all evening :)

  • Our dogs...because while they are full of energy and require lots of work, laying on the couch and watching TV with them makes it all worth it!
  • Friends....good friends are amazing. I found this quote about friends, that I love and I think sums up what they mean to me!!

A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. ~Lois Wyse

  • My job...yes, it has been a stressful past two weeks with lots of work on my plate, but I just love Hallmark, the people here, what the company stands for and the excellent brand that has touched so many people's lives for so many years...
  • The HOLIDAYS.....are almost here :) I can't wait! Getting the holiday cards ordered on Hallmark.com tonight (P.S. check out the new designs they have....and also there are Hallmark photo cards available for purchase online and ready to pick up at your local store now from the photo center) and then next up.....start decorating the house!!

Hope you are taking the time also to think about the things you love in life and give thanks for everything you have and give back for those that are less fortunate!!! Happy November!! Getting excited for the most wonderful time of the year....

No comments:

Post a Comment