Monday, September 20, 2010

Timmy Carter

**This is probably just one of those stories that was "had to be there" funny, but I thought I would share even so**

So we are sitting at church on Sunday morning and Jimmy passes me the attendance notebook that you sign, pass down the aisle to the fellow attendees, and then they pass back so you can see where they are from and if maybe you know them/they are your next door neighbor and you had no idea. As Jimmy is passing it to me to sign us in, he leans over and says:

"Make sure you finish off the "J" when writing my name"

I look at him weird and ask, what does he mean? Does he think I cannot write properly? He leans over and says:

"We got something in the mail last week from the church that was address to Brittany and Timmy Carter. So obviously, you have problems finishing off your "J's"

For some reason, imagining that written on a piece of our mail made me start laughing. And not just a smile, I'm over it, laugh. A laugh that made me laugh so hard I cried. I probably silent laughed (remember, we are in church people) for a good 2-3 minutes. My mom kept nudging me to stop, but that just kept me going. What was wrong with me? I have no idea- but needless to say, I thought it was funny.

Now I cannot stop calling Jimmy, Timmy. You can do it too if you want :)

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA. I love it...I can completely picture Jimmy being so serious about it!

    ReplyDelete