Monday, February 27, 2012

Friday Night out #1

Two Friday night's out in a row??  Wowza - this pregnant lady knows how to have a good time.  Haha, just kidding.  But Jimmy and I actually went out TWO Friday's in a row.  Which is impressive in general because I'm not really a big fan of going out on Friday nights because I'm super tired and also because we have tended to be super lame lately.

The first night out (Feb 17), we had made reservations at the Melting Pot on the Plaza to use the rest of a Plaza gift card we had and then also to celebrate a late Valentine's Day together!!  But we couldn't get reservations until 8:45 that night (talk about a late dinner for us), so we wanted to get some drinks before.  My sister and a few of her friends joined us at Tom Fooleries to have some fun!

Lyndsay, Sarah, John and SarahM.
And then that day I was telling my friend, Jen, from work that we were going to grab drinks and that she and her husband should join us - and guess what?  They did!!  Very fun!

Jimmy, Justin and Jen

And then they ordered a beer tower.  Really I think my sister and her friends just drank it, but still.  I haven't seen one of these in awhile!!


Then it was time for us to head to the Melting Pot.  Yum.  I really like the cheese and chocolate, but since we were there for dinner - we had some meat also.  Haha.  It is interesting going here pregnant because I asked a told of questions to the waiter about making sure my meat was all cooked, etc.  He made sure and told me that they wouldn't be in business if their food could make people sick, which was nice, but you can never be too safe I guess.

We got a Valentine's day special thing they had going on that had some delicious meats that included: shrimp, steak, lobster, pork and of course, chicken.  Looks gross uncooked in this picture, but it was really good.


And then the pictures started.  And Jimmy was being stupid.  Probably because he was so hungry.


He finally offered to take one of me.  How nice of him.


And guess what we got to get that was a HUGE treat?  Dessert of course?  Jimmy usually hates sweets, but since this one came with the meal, we had to pick and decided to go against the traditional chocolate and get Banana's Foster.  And wow.  That it was SOOO good.  I think it was white chocolate, bananas and some caramel and then cinnamon and sugar.  And for once in our lives, Jimmy ate most of it.


"I LOVE DESSERT"
"Stay away from my sweets - yummy"
And of course we didn't actually take a normal picture of us because you know, who really does that?  Jeez!!  But overall it was a fun night out and getting home around 11:30...I was beat, full and ready for bed, so that's exactly what I did - went straight to sleep with my Snoogle.


No comments:

Post a Comment