Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm artistic??

...I guess so! Here is my handy work/art masterpiece I created for above our bed. I had something very specific in mind and wasn't finding anything in the stores. I really wanted something light blue to bring in some brightness to our bedroom since the walls are brown and our comforter if brown/blue, but mainly brown. We have 2 sets of sheets...one brown and one light blue, so when the brown ones are on our bed....brown really overtakes the room.

After searching and searching for the perfect artwork, I decided since I knew what I wanted, I might give it a try. Using some light blue paint and getting 2 canvases from JoAnns (I think around $25 with 40% off coupon), I started the design. I wanted to make the two canvases look cohesive and went with the swirl design that is part of the paisley design on our bedspread. Then I got a $2.94 sample of our wall paint from Home Depot since we didn't have any extra of that left.....so the brown swirls would match perfectly. All this talking of brown kind of makes me think of poop. Haha, do you remember THIS post that Jimmy and I got in a fight about paint colors and brown paint?? So funny........anyways....
Here's how it turned out....


Also, a semi-new addition were the curtains from Bed Bath and Beyond as well as the night stand lamps that I got at CostCo for only $29.99 for BOTH!! They were $39.99 but that week they were running a $10 manufacturers discount- score!


So there you have it. I can kind of paint. Well, not really at all, but I can paint swirls.....

No comments:

Post a Comment