Friday, March 26, 2010

Shower & a hair 'do!

Last Friday night, my parents hosted a nice little couple's shower at their house for Jimmy and I! My family, my parents friends, and Jimmy's parents were all in attendance and it turned out to be very fun!!! My mom made a fabulous lasagna dinner with salad, garlic bread, and asparagus (Jimmy's favorite). Everyone came, met some new friends, ate, drank, and overall had a wonderful time!! I'm so glad that we got to mingle with lots of these folks prior to the wedding too!

Next up were the gifts. Since I had already had a few bridal showers that my wonderful friends and Jimmy's family threw for me, I made sure that Jimmy had full reign on the gift opening :) He wasn't quite sure how he felt about being the center of attention opening all these presents...but I think in the end he liked it and was very happy he got to be "showered" with love! Haha. Again, these people were very generous and wonderful to us! We got some GREAT things! Lots of gift cards to use, some wonderful family heirlooms (my great aunt framed a doile that my great-great grandma hand stiched and my grandmother made her famous cross-stitch to commemorate our wedding day), and some handy things to use around the house! The best surprise at all was actually revealed to us in front of everyone. My mom made the entire party go into my parents bedroom and Jimmy and I had to wait outside the door---we were pretty curious as to what was going to be inside the room when we walked in....and THIS is what we found!!!!!






A quilt that my grandmother is putting together that has quilt squares made from our friends and family :) Oh my gosh. It is literally the nicest and sweetest thing I've ever seen. I cannot believe they put this all together behind our backs!! It's amazing how you can be so oblivious to things like that. But it is SO SO awesome and thank you so much to everyone who took the time to send in a quilt square to help us commemorate our special day :) I loved it so much I decided immediately I wanted it to hang up somewhere at the reception. I seriously LOVE it. I know it was so much work for everyone, my grandmother especially, so a big thank you to her! We are so thankful for the wonderful family and friends that we are blessed with and can't wait to share our wedding day with you all in only two weeks!! Unbelievable!!

And just for fun, I thought I would throw these pictures in of my hair trial since I had them on my computer! Very simple....apparently that's my style since when Jimmy was shopping for engagement rings the lady asked what my style is and he said "simple...like not bad simple, but just simple". She replied, "I think classic might be a better word"...haha. Thank you Linda. So I'm going with this "classic" style! Per the suggestion of my hair lady, I've been looking for a simple green flower to put in my hair that I think will look great at the reception. No luck so far. Any suggestions? I looked on Etsy but I think I have passed the window of time to get one off of there!!!



2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you have any free time to make a DIY flower, but they're super easy! I blogged about making mine here: http://soontobemrsf.blogspot.com/2010/02/flower-for-my-hair.html
    I sell them in my etsy shop and could easily make one for you if you're interested!
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=41778562

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for your wedding Brit!! I haven't seen you in what seems like forever, but I love that you are so dedicated to your blog so I can keep up on what's going on (though I do feel a bit like a stalker). Anyway, sounds like - stressful though it may be - you're doing a fantastic job with the wedding planning (and the house rennovating) and it is all going to turn out amazing. Can't wait to see you! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete