Friday, June 22, 2012

The 6 week countdown is on!


While this past weekend was HOT, I'm looking forward to what 34 weeks has to bring!  At our doctor's appointment this past Wednesday she said that everything is progressing nicely and he's actually measuring at 35 weeks...so we'll see if that pans out to be correct or we just get one really big baby come 40 weeks!?!?  Who knows!!

Last weekend was busy with lots of homework, which is exactly what this one will be filled with, but such is life.  BUT I'm super pumped for Vanessa's baby shower in Kansas City on Saturday afternoon....pretty crazy that this will be the last time we see each other before we both have babies!  It's been so fun that she and Chris have had so many reasons to come back to KC so many times this summer - so it will be crazy going for months now without seeing them - especially when she has a baby!!  AHH!! 




How far along: 34 weeks
Size of Baby BOY Carter: about 4.5-5 lbs
Fruit/vegetable comparison: Size of a butternut squash
Sleep: A huge fan right next to me helps, but still waking up to go to the bathroom a ton - guess it's preparing me for those nightly feedings.
Movement: Still moving around - more just shifting than kicking.  His big kicks or hits do tend to surprise me.
Unglamorous body changes: I'm 8.5, almost 9 months pregnant.  I would say at this point, everything is unglamorous!!  But it's good that he keeps growing!!!
Food cravings: I HAD to have Mexican food on Thursday.  Thank goodness my sister was there to help out!
What I miss: Deli sandwiches - specifically Mr. Goodcent's Penny Clubs!
Strange experiences: I got a pedicure on Sunday (which was HEAVENLY - thank you so much to Lindsay & Terri from work for getting me a gift certificate for one!) and the guy was rubbing my feet - um, felt so good.  We weren't really talking because I was reading my book for school, but he asked me when I was due.  I said about 6 weeks or so.  He kept rubbing and thinking and then said "I think you are ready - I think baby comes in 4 weeks".  So there you have it...official prediction of 2 weeks early from the little Asian man.  I told him I'm good with that as long as it's after July 14 because I don't want to miss my bff's wedding that I'm in!!!
Milestones: He recognizes and reacts to songs that I sing (what!?!?  I need to start singing I guess!!?)
Best moment this week:  The showers we had this week were so fun and amazing and just lovely!  It was so nice to see everyone that we got to see and we feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in our life that are just as excited as we are for Baby Carter's arrival!!



2 comments:

  1. What has Willy been doing!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we got to see each other one last time before the babes arrive! Life is about to get even better :)

    ReplyDelete