Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Attitude check

This week and really the past week I've had the case of a no good very bad mood. And today walking into work, pouting, per usual, I pronounced to Jimmy that we should go on a date. In my mind, that's what I needed. Just a good old fashioned date and that would give me a new perspective. What surprised me was his response.

He said there was no way he'd go on a date with me. And that I needed an attitude check. (yes, like people told you in 7th grade)

Well ok. I thought I would be mad, but I actually took it in and realized he's right. I was letting things in life get me down and I needed to focus in on the positives. My life, my attitude about it.

So that's what I'm trying to do today. Halfway through the day and I've powered through my "urgent" work to-dos, got through some of my emails and even treated myself to a trip to Target over lunch to get Charlie and I swimsuits for our swimming adventure {indoor} this weekend. And some Easter goodies too.

Trying to think of other ways to change my negative Nancy attitude the other way around....any suggestions?!? I know, cupcakes would do the trick...but maybe something that will hang onto my soul and not my waistline.

However I did feel for the mom at Target walking out with her toddler screaming "I don't want to go home" at the top of their lungs. I was happy that today that wasn't me today...because it likely will be in just a few months...I felt her pain

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Totally feel you Britt! I've just been an a bad mood for a month! Someone told me that mercury is in retrograde until the 17th (if you follow astrology) which means things are always difficult right now, but that it is a good time to reflect on the past as intuition is high. So im going to blame it all on Mercury! also, im a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, oh Ashley! A pedicure or a massage always helps me to press the reset button…and Target trips, but it looks like you've got that one covered :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fahim, your advice is good. When I'm stressed I look to Dallas TX Furniture stores.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany! It's been so fun getting to reconnect with you via the blog and instagram! Charlie is just the cutest and he's getting me really excited for my little girl to arrive. :) Love your blog and will be stopping by more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girly! Amen to the attitude checks. I find myself having to do them weekly. Things could be a lot worse! Maybe someday we'll get this whole working-mom thing down? Sigh.
    Oh, and I was just saying to Gabe that we NEED to go on a date. Like, need.

    ReplyDelete