Friday, March 1, 2013

Cherishing the little moments...


This is my evening as a mom that works full time and goes to grad school at night.

  •  Realize my work meeting is going to run late so I tell Jimmy to just go get Charlie at school and come back and pick me up
  • Finally get out of my meeting at 5:15 and run down to get in the car by 5:20
  • It takes FOREVER to get home because of traffic and all the snow piled up (we tried like 3 different ways…)
  • On the way home in the back seat after some hellos and kisses for my little boy, I bust out my case for my class that night that I have to read.  Plan was to read it while I was pumping during the day…but I only got a chance to pump 2 times (vs 3) and had to do work during it…
  • Charlie is not happy, so I start the “head, shoulders, knees and toes” video he likes on my phone.  One hand holding that, the other sifting through my case attempting to concentrate
  • Get home at 5:55
  • Run upstairs with Charlie into the guest room and hook up to the pump (he had just had a bottle at 5PM at school)
  • Watch him play with the {clean} snot sucker (only “toy” nearby) while I pump
  • Jimmy is sweet enough to be whipping up some dinner – Panini and chips
  • Savoring this small moment with my little man as he wasn’t feeling so great the past few days. 
  • He rips a huge fart and then a few more and poops in his diaper so much it’s an instant stench in the room
  • He is still smiling and I’m still pumping despite the smell
  • Finish pumping, carry him into my room, change my clothes
  • Hugs and kisses and more kisses for Charlie
  • Change his grotesque diaper
  • Put him in his high chair with a few puffs
  • Sit down to eat dinner…then realize it’s 6:33…I’m 3 minutes late for leaving
  • Attempt to scarf down my sandwich, throw my chips in a bag, grab some water to go
  • Pack my school bag and the case that I never finished reading
  • Kiss Charlie for the 14th time and tell him I love him (kissed Jimmy too…)
  • Put on my coat and out the door I go to class at 6:38 and then home at 10:00. 

WHEW.   What a night.  Thank goodness for a sweet and supportive husband.

But those 10 minutes sitting on our guest room floor seeing my little man smile and those kisses and hugs that I got in…totally worth the quick trip home before class.  

We as mom's need to cherish those moments with our babies!  They are growing up way too fast and whether you are with your child a lot or a little, every moment counts.

Love him.  Love life.  Just breathe.  After one crazy week I’m happy to say…Happy FRIDAY!!!!!!!!


 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment