Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fast.Easy.Healthy.Delicious

Four words to describe a recent e-mealz recipe I made last week.  I should have added "cheap" to the list too.  And really...put those 5 words together and it doesn't get much better than that :)

So without further ado - here it is.

Ingredients:
1 lb tilapia filets, cut into small pieces (I actually just bought 2 of the individual tilapia filets on sale for $1 at the grocery store, instead of the full filet)
2 yellow squashes, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced (I had a green already, so I just used that!)
4 oz whole mushrooms (I sliced these too)
2 T red wine vinegar
2 T olive oil
2 t garlic powder
2 t oregano
1/2 t salt

Directions: 
Combine all ingredients and place into a microwave dish or large Ziploc (I used the Ziploc) bag.  Shake or stir to mix ingredients.  Microwave on high for 4-5 min or until tilapia flakes easily


Serve with brown rice (I get brown rice packets from CostCo and they take 3 minutes to heat up - so delicious and easy!).


And there you have it - 8 minutes of cook time and probably 4 to prep.  In 12 minutes, you have a fast, easy, healthy, and delicious - don't forget cheap if you use my idea to buy the individual frozen tilapia!

YUM!

This is a much needed recipe for my weekly meals after all the food I have eaten this 4th of July weekend!

P.S.  For the summer time, we are back to using e-mealz vs. cooking 30 meals in one day and freezing.  This mainly because I feel lots of the 30 meals that I cook are soups and hot dishes and in the summer when it's like 100 degrees, that is the last thing we want to eat!  So e-mealz has been amazing this summer and I can pick and choose the recipes that are easy and fast to cook :)  We are loving it!


No comments:

Post a Comment