Thursday, July 14, 2011

One down, about 10 to go!

All right Erica, this post is for you.  It's a little disappointing update on my building of a sectional, as I talked about in this post.  But needless to say, with everything that is going on with work, life and school - I like to think it's one step in the right direction :)  You know, trying to keep up with that "glass half full" mentality.  Trying.  Haha.

On fourth of July weekend, Jimmy and I started laying out what we think we want our lower patio to look like.  It looks like this right now...


Here is the plan that I am using from Ana White's website (which for the 14th time, check it out because the website is amazing even if you don't want to build anything at all, just super cool to look at all the plans and brag posts)....starting with the armless section.  I even bought a Kreg Jig that I was SUPER excited about and it was really fun to use.  However, I drilled the pocket holes in the family room.  Big home improvement fail - as their was wood shavings everywhere.  Oops.  That's what vacuums are for, right? :)

So while I was hard at work cutting the wood, putting it all together and learning how to use the Kreg Jig...Jimmy just sat on the couch watching me a laughing.  Real cool Jim.  

Here is the final product.  Just one little armless wonder.  And it's pretty crooked - but the first one is a good learning experience.  But just as an FYI - this one will go in the most inconspicuous place.



So here is the photo from her website on what the end product can look like.  See the armless sections?  Yep, that's what mine is supposed to look like.  Eventually I will have more of them.  Eventually.


Here is a "brag post"/picture from her website from someone who actually made it.  Pretty sweet, huh??


I have been busy finishing up my summer class and getting ready for Katie's big day...so the progress hasn't progressed from a few weekends ago, but that's ok :)  I have plenty of time to work on it!!

Oh and Vanessa, here is a plan for this planter - wouldn't it look great on your new patio???!!  I think I found you a new fun project!



Happy building :)  Next time I will document my process a little more!!!!  And give you a shot of me in my awesome glasses that I wear when I cut wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment