Thursday, March 3, 2011

Caramel Apple fun!

So after a weekend with my sister in Manhattan, she mentioned how one night she and Andrew made caramel apples themselves one night...and Jimmy loved it. One of the few desserts he will eat is something with caramel and he likes apples. That's about it besides cheesecake. And since I'm a sweet freak, I always jump on anything like this that he will actually eat :)

This is what I came up with as a surprise one night for dessert:



Per the instructions on the caramel bag I bought, you just melt the caramels and stick the sticks in the apple and cover it. Easy right?? Kind of - but quite messy! Messy and delicious :)


SURPRISE - haha. He knows I will do anything to make him eat sweets :)


And...go....eat it....


YUM! What a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious dessert :) Another easy idea to spice this up is to add an additional topping that you love...like nuts, oreos, M&Ms, heck I've seen all of those on the caramel apples they sell at the store! What a fun treat!!!

However, make sure you soak the pan good in an attempt to clean it!!

P.S. Just as an FYI, I'm sure you can all tell how much Jimmy loves me taking pictures of him! Haha!! What a good sport!


1 comment:

  1. Caramel apples sound sooo yummy right now! I want to eat dinner at your house.

    ReplyDelete