Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Liebster - Q&As!

My blog-turned real life friend, Sarah from Seeing All Sides nominated me for this "award" last week, which is essentially a fun way to answer some questions about yourself and your blog so readers can get to know you (if they don't already) or those that do can learn more. 

So here I go!  Thanks for the fun post, Sarah!



Here are the questions Sarah gave me:

1. Why did you start blogging?

My friend, Erica, had started a blog back in 2009 and then after a ridiculous email chain from my friends and I when I was going on and on and the weirdest stories ever - I decided that it was necessary to document these crazy things somewhere.  Enter this blog. 

2. How has your blog changed through the years?

Ha - well if you have been reading this blog recently...you are well aware it isn't about my super random stories (although I wish it would) and more just a documentation of my life as a mom and our two wonderful kids.  It's been so fun to see it evolve full of random stories to all about our engagement and wedding to pregnancy and now our life with kids as parents!


3. What is your favorite post and why?  Provide a link to it!

Is this even acceptable to say this is one of my favorites: Gym Stalking?  Lol - it's not even that funny if you don't know Jimmy and I, but it's fun to go back and read it and think about our lives pre-kids and how goofy we were and so carefree in love.  It reminds me of how much I really do love that man - even if it's so hard to find time for "us" time now! (but this one is funny too about registering...oh Jimmy)

4. What have you learned through blogging?

Blogging is so interesting to me but over the last seven years of doing it, I still love it for just the same reasons I started.  I just wish I had more time to write the posts that I think about and write in my mind that are more about what I'm thinking now as a mom randomly - I feel like they have to be so much more structured now.  I think that's why I like to go back to the beginning and read how ridiculous those were!  

5. If you could meet one blogger friend in real-life, who would you choose?

There are lots of blogs I follow that I think it would be so interesting to meet them in person - but so strange at the same time!  I remember when Sarah and I started commenting on each other's blogs about possibly meeting and when we actually did a little over a year ago - I was so nervous because online relationships I feel like can be so different.  But guess what?  It turned out that we did become real life friends, so that's made me more open to the idea for sure!  I do really like getting the small glimpses into people's lives through their blogs and a few of the ladies I would love to meet in real life are Sara from Running from the Law (would love to talk to her about how she seems to balance it all as a working mama + awesome blogger - and she's from just across the state in STL!) and also would love to meet Christina from North Carolina Charm - she has had a pretty few hard obstacles this past year and always has such a positive attitude - I feel like she would be so fun to meet in real-life!

6. What is your favorite social media platform and why?

I really like Instagram (really I only use Instagram and Facebook - haven't allowed myself to get into the others as I feel like I'm already out of time keeping up with those two - but my husband is into Twitter, Periscope and Snapchat now - oh my Jimmy!).   I like it because I love the variety of people's pictures, comments and the small community on it (if you like to keep the community smaller).

7. What was the last thing you ordered online?

Paw Patrol birthday present for a FOUR year old birthday present on Saturday for Jack (on Amazon Prime of course - my lifeline)!  So sad I have to miss out celebrating because I'm throwing my sister a bridal shower that day at the same time - but Charlie and Jimmy will be there (dressed as Superman!).  It's hard to believe Jack is already 4 and my baby boy will be 4 in just a few months - time flies.

8. What is your favorite place in your house and why?

Hmmm - I really like the sitting/TV area in our master bedroom.  Most nights it's my space that I can work or blog and watch TV after the kiddos go to bed.  But I also LOVE my closet - I do lots of stuff in there (which is incredibly weird, I know).

9. What are you most looking forward to this summer?

Cannot wait for June 4 for my sister to get married!!!!  So exciting!

And July is a BIG month for us since Maddie turns 2 on July 4, we are going to add a little brother or sister to our bunch around July 21 and then Charlie turns 4 July 31 (throw in celebrating July 4th holiday and my dad's birthday too and it makes for an exciting month!)

10. What is the last vacation you took?

Legit vacation??  Jimmy and I went to Mexico last May together and it was incredible.  Seriously, amazing.  Combined work/vacation?  I have been to London twice since last June for work and in June tagged on a trip to Paris too (my parents and sister tagged along) and it was awesome!

11. If you could choose another job different than what you have now, what would you choose?

Surprise, surprise...I would honestly stay in the same realm of what I do now (finance) but it would be working with people on their personal finances and teaching them the basics of a budget, insurance, job offers, etc. and how to live within the budget and plan for the future.  So obviously this sounds like a financial planner - but really I'd love to focus on those less fortunate and kids in college and even high school.  Just think that setting yourself up for a good financial profile early on is SOOOOO important that young adults don't realize the decisions they make could impact the rest of their life and would love to be that person to educate them on it and their personal situation.

1.  I was born in Houston, Texas - so does that make me a native Texan!? Ha!
2. I'm a manager of financial planning and analysis department at a global stock exchange
3. I'm a HUGE morning person - it's weird.
4. I'm an extrovert and very outgoing, but I love a quiet house and need it so much every now and then
5. I was terrified finding out that Maddie was a girl because I never had a brother!
6.  My family and I are obsessed with wiener dogs (had two that had to be put down last summer) :)
7.  I love unsweetened tea a lot - but also love diet Pepsi with a splash of cherry (thanks Quik Trip!)
8.  Speaking of - I'm obsessed with Quik Trip.  Their drinks, their pretzels, their hot dogs.  It's amazing
9. I drive a minivan and it's literally my favorite thing ever
10. I'm trying to read the whole bible (and not getting very far...but trying!)
11.  I found a new love for working out and love how I feel when I do it first thing in the morning

Here are the bloggers that I nominate to participate:

Lizze at This Happy Life
Desiree at Macke Monologues
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me
Terra at Heck of a Bunch


Here are the questions for the above bloggers to answer:

1. Why did you start blogging?
2. How has your blog changed through the years?
3. What is your favorite post and why?  Provide a link to it!
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging? 
5. Favorite TV show and/or type of music?
6. Favorite hobby or hidden talent?
7. Dream job or what would you do (besides what you do now)?
8. What is your favorite place in your house and why?
9. What are you most looking forward to this summer?
10. Favorite vacation spot or upcoming vacation?
11. What would you tell your 16 year old self for advice for the future?

***
If you've never heard of the Liebster award, it's an online recognition given by bloggers to other new bloggers for enjoying their work.  The intent behind it is to award awesome, new, up and coming blogs within our community.

Official Rules of the Liebster Award
Thank the Blogger that nominated you in your post and link back to their site
Display the Liebster Award logo on your blog
Answer 11 questions from the Blogger that nominated you
Tell your readers 11 random facts about you
Nominate 5-11 Bloggers with less than 1000 followers for the Liebster Awards
Ask your nominees to answer 11 questions

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh too funny, I just published my Liebster award I received last week and nominated you too!

    These are so fun :) You need to share what you do in your closet!? I wish mine was big enough to do things in, ha ha. And your July is going to be crazy busy/awesome! I am still jealous of yours and Jimmy's trip to Mexico, I need an adult vaca so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! How funny!! (I'm just catching up on blog stuff). I love that we both nominated each other :)

      And yes - oh my gosh, I work out in my closet, we watch elmo, I hide and read my book and sit there and do quiet time sometimes. It's seriously as big as our master bedroom in our old house...so I don't take it for granted! And YES - I'm wanting to go back to Mexico so bad!!

      Delete
  2. I just love reading these! Even though I feel like I know a lot about you (thanks, blogging!), I learned a few things here as well! So, so glad we've become real-life friends! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun to answer the questions and really think about them - I feel like so often I just write blog posts so quickly that I don't get time to really think about why I even do it anymore :)

      Delete
  3. These are so fun to read!!
    And thanks for the nomination!!
    I'm hoping to meet Sarah S. in real life one of these trips back to KC. Perhaps we could all meet up??? And Sara from Running From the Law is just as amazing in person as she is on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm yes! That would be so fun!! We could all get together and go out for dinner/drinks. Can't wait to read all your answers. And I bet Sara is - she seems like she's awesome!

      Delete