Thursday, December 31, 2009

To the Other Side of the Mississippi and 2009 summary

Yes that's right friends...we're headed to St. Louis (or Edwardsville, IL really....) tonight to ring in the new year at the Calcara's new house!!!  I obviously stole the name of this post from Vanessa's sweet blog title :)  Check out her blog about their life HERE (not to mention a pretty sweet post about our arrival!)

I can't wait to see them in just a few short hours!  In the mean time, Emily and I will be partying in the back of Jimmy's mommy mobile watching DVD's in the back while he and Jeff navigate across I-70.  I can't think of a better way to ring in the new year!!!

Speaking of, I can't believe 2009 is already over.  A few things about this year that I don't want to forget:

- All the wonderful weddings we got the pleasure of attending to see our friends tie the knot!  So happy for all of you!

- Moving from city life in a condo to a house in the suburbs

- Getting engaged....and planning a wedding of course

- One full year with Milly & Willy as my favorite little puppies....and don't forget, Toby too!!

- Another full year of work at Hallmark

- Fun times with family, friends, co-workers, etc.  All the great parties, get togethers, celebrations!!

- Good health, for the most part, for family and friends.  With my dad having a health scare towards the end of 2009 and grandparents that are still around, this is something I will be thankful for each day

- The energy, drive, smile and life that God gives me at the start of each day


2009 was a great year, one for the record books :)  Here's to 2010.....full of more weddings, dogs, good times with family and friends, a stable job, good health, and God's grace.

Everyone have a safe and fun evening!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment