Monday, June 28, 2010

Carnival stomach

Have you ever in your life heard that term?

Well, until I met Jimmy...I had never heard it. Now I feel like it is a regular phrase used in our house. Whenever one of us have a stomach ache (including one of our 3 hairy kids), the explanation to it is always carnival stomach. What is that you might ask? Well, let me explain, based on Jimmy's fabulous definition.

Carnival Stomach (noun):
(1) An upset stomach caused by a person eating lots of random things during the day- including a mix of sweets, salt, or a lot of one particular thing
(2) Going to a carnival and eating a bunch of stuff (i.e. hot dogs, funnel cakes, cotton candy, etc)

So take it as you will. I guess it was a common phrase used in their house growing up. So was a different definition for the acronym TCBY. The first two initials stood for Tim Carter...the rest you will have to wait until the end of this post as it's just too funny to reveal right now and there (of course) is a good story to go with it.

Anyways, yesterday Jimmy and I went on our first surprise date. We have just started doing this to make sure we do make at least some time to ourselves. This is thanks to a wonderful idea from a friend from work!! Once a month, we pick a date and one of us picks what to do and doesn't tell the other. I will post something (hopefully tonight) about our surprise date this weekend....but really, this has nothing to do with the title of this post....I digress.

ANYWAYS (pt 2), yesterday I ate the following:
- Eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast with Chris and Vanessa and Jimmy. And horrible coffee. That I still drank, even though it was horrible. Jimmy is never making coffee again in our house.
- Whole appetizer of spinach and artichoke dip from Johnny's (jimmy said he would eat some, he didn't, so I compensated for him)
- A bite of Jimmy's sheboygian at Royal's stadium. Gross and greasy.
- Lots of DC (diet coke)
- One bloody mary
- One french fry
- 4 graham crackers with frosting

At that point in the afternoon- I was doomed. My stomach was rumbling and I was not feeling well. But I dinner with Katie and Lauren that I was not about to pass up at Jose Peppers. So I went, had some chips and salsa and queso---and made a quick run to the bathroom. I ordered Chicken Tortilla Soup and couldn't eat any of it because I felt horrible. Needed TUMS bad. Stomach was rolling.

I got home and told Jimmy. His response- Carnival stomach. Of course it was. What a nice mix that my body liked so much.

So that is what happened to me yesterday. Next time you do the same thing, feel free to use that term :)

Also, the story about TCBY. Jimmy and I go get TCBY one night after dinner. We stop by his friend's house near by to see them. They are not home. His 3 friends are at dinner together and he's depressed because he's with me.

His response:

"Great, my friends are all together eating as a family at Johnny's and I'm stuck with you eating Tim Carter's Butt Yogurt....awesome......"

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA, I had kind of forgotten about the story until we stopped for dessert on our way out of town yesterday…and of course Chris reminded me about the butt yogurt :) It will never be just TCBY again!!

    ReplyDelete