Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bring it on 2011!

From times square!!! :)


Haha, ok this was really just a picture I took of the TV...we weren't actually in Times Square or New York. We were in good old Clearwater Beach, FL celebrating with my parents, sister and boyfriend ringing in the new year...and we are excited for 2011.




Ah, what a year 2010 was. I have to say it was one of the best so far....but I guess that's a given when it's the year that you get married to the man of your dreams, right? It's funny because we arrived back to Kansas yesterday from a week long vacation in Florida and started immediately back to the rush of real life, which included lots of fun with friends but also taking down the Christmas decorations. As we were putting the holiday decor away until next year, Jimmy was saying how depressed he was that the holidays are over and that we have nothing to look forward to in 2011. Well yes, in 2009 we got engaged and 2010 married- but you know what I'm looking forward to in 2011? Being normal. No "big" events. Really enjoying time with my friends, Jimmy's friends, our families and making that time count! With family vacations, friend's weddings (one in Mexico) and lots of other fun events to come, I think 2011 is going to be great.

I will promise you that things will happen, changes will come and there will be more house projects in the Carter family in 2011. There will continue to be lots of love towards our dogs and each other will ensue. There will be good times and bad and I can't wait!!!

Resolutions for 2011? Well of course the typical, I'm going to work out more, be more healthy, etc etc. But one really important to me this year is to work on finding a good balance and spend more quality time with friends and family. Especially those little group gatherings that I'm often "too tired" or just "too busy" to fit into my schedule. Nope, this year, those are going to be a part of my schedule. I want to make sure that the people that I love the most know it by the time I spend with them, via in person, the phone or through little things that I send to them. As easy as it sounds, I have a feeling it won't be easy, but oh so important!!

So cheers to a great year that has passed, it was a good one....and here's to 2011!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment