Tuesday, March 27, 2012

21 down, 19 to go!


All right, better late then never, right?  It was crazy because this week when people were like..how far along are you I could say "over half way done!", which was pretty exciting.

But you will see how the bump/baby is consistently growing.  And my normal clothes are consistently getting smaller.  Which makes for interesting mornings when I'm getting dressed...but that's ok.

It was nice to meet someone who is having their first kid and due 3 days before me (see the "best moment of the week" below) to compare and contrast.  Even though we didn't know each other, we talked about how HUGE we feel and how everyone comments that we are not big at all.  Funny how that works, right?  I think it's just different because I have never looked in the mirror and had a huge stomach and been super excited/happy about it.  Guess a baby growing inside you will do that to you!

Onto the pictures...




How far along: 21 weeks
Size of Baby BOY Carter: 12 oz and 10.5 inches (wowza - grew 4 inches??!)
Fruit/vegetable comparison: Size of a banana - which is weird because I feel like a cantaloupe is bigger than a banana, but I guess it's longer?!
Total weight gain: 12.5lb
Sleep: Much much better with the snoogle!
Movement: I think little moves, but nothing big.  We even saw him kick during the sonogram, but I didn't feel anything!
Unglamorous body changes: Hmmm - lots of gas?  Well more like a really sore back all the time.  I am not a fan of that at all!  Oh...and my abs like HURT.  Was talking to my friend that is a labor and delivery nurse and she was saying it's normal because my abs are just breaking apart- wow, all those years working for a six pack...haha!
Food cravings: Loving me some nacho cheesier Doritos!
What I miss: Fried eggs and sushi - miss that fish!
Strange experiences: Not really strange, pretty crazy feeling him move around inside me! 
Milestones: Digestive system is starting to develop.
Best moment this week: Meeting a girl at a party on Saturday night that is due 3 days before me that lives like 6 blocks away from us!  And guess what?  We exchanged numbers because I told her we have to hang out after our little ones come and we are on maternity leave.  YES - first mom friend and SO excited!!!

Going back to the doctor on Wednesday for another check up!  Can't wait to hear his little heart beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment