Friday, April 6, 2012

Love me some country music


I am a big country music fan and this is fitting as my sister and I will be heading to the Lady Antebellum concert tonight at the Sprint Center...so country music is on my brain!!!  Very excited for this concert because in addition to Lady A, Darrius Rucker and The Band Perry will be there too.  Wahoo - thanks for the sweet Christmas present, Lyndsay!!



Ok so to the point.  Have you heard this new(er) song by Lee Brice called "A Woman Like You"?  Um if you haven't, listen to it here.  If you are married or dating someone, this song is just amazing if you imagine your significant other singing it to you.  And if you aren't - well I can just imagine myself years ago pre-Jimmy hearing this song and just dreaming of the man that would feel this way about me.  Because everyone woman deserves to hear words like this come from the man they love!!

Check out his song HERE (it's so good).

Here are the lyrics in case you cannot listen to it (they are just as good to read). 


A Woman Like You: by Lee Brice
Last night, outta the blue
Driftin' off to the evening news
You said "Honey, what would you do
If you'd never met me"
I just laughed, said "I don't know,
But I could take a couple guesses though"
And then tried to dig real deep,
Said, "Darling honestly...

I'd do a lot more offshore fishin'
I'd probably eat more drive-thru chicken
Take a few strokes off my golf game
If I'd have never known your name
I'd still be driving that old green 'Nova
I probably never would have heard of yoga
Be a better football fan
But if I was a single man
Alone and out there on the loose
Well I'd be looking for a woman like you."

I could tell that got her attention
So I said, "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention,
I wouldn't trade a single day
For a hundred years the other way."
She just smiled and rolled her eyes,
Cause she's heard all of my lines
Courtesy of lyricshall.com
I said, "C'mon on girl, seriously
If I hadn't been so lucky

I'd be shootin' pool in my bachelor pad
Playing bass in my cover band
Restocking up cold Bud Light
For poker every Tuesday night, yeah
I'd have a dirtbike in the shed
And not one throw pillow on the bed
I'd keep my cash in a coffee can
But if I was a single man
Alone and out there on the loose
Well I'd be looking for a woman like you."

She knows what a mess I'd be if I didn't have her here
But to be sure, I whispered in her ear
"You know I get sick deep-sea fishin'
And you make the best fried chicken
I got a hopeless golf game
I love the sound of your name
I might miss that old green 'Nova
But I love watchin' you do yoga
I'd take a gold band on my hand
Over being a single man
Cause honestly I don't know what I'd do
If I'd never met a woman like you."

Um, amazing song, right?  Me and country music lyrics have this thing.  Like a huge love thing for certain songs and words.  Especially pretty much every Brad Paisley song.  In addition to our wedding song that I will always always always love and can relate to our lives forever (Then) but also newly in love with an older Brad Paisley song but very applicable to our lives right now as we wait to welcome a sweet little boy into our world...especially because his dad was quite the pistol growing up....Anything Like Me, which is all about Brad finding out that he's having a little boy. 

Ahhhhh - bring on more country music.  Any kind of particular music or artist that will always make your day???


No comments:

Post a Comment