Wednesday, February 13, 2013

4 year blog anniversary

I cannot believe that it was 4 years ago today that I randomly started this blog with this silly post. I had no idea I would keep blogging for 4 years in a semi-consistent basis. But oh what changes my life has gone through these past 4 years. I'm so happy that I have had this space to document the good and bad.

Lets see- in the past 4 years my life has pretty much completely changed.

 On February 13, 2009, I:

  • Lived in a condo with my 2 dogs downtown KC
  • Was dating Jimmy but not engaged or married
  • Had a job in retail finance at Hallmark
  • In my spare time I volunteered for Pi Phi as an advisor


February 13, 2013, I:

  • Live in a house that Jimmy and I bought together in May 2009
  • Have been married to Jimmy for almost 3 years
  • Still work at hallmark, but work in sales finance
  • What spare time?? I am finishing up my MBA part time, work full time and have a sweet baby boy...spare time is non existent!

Crazy just looking at that super short list...as there are some pretty huge life changes in them. And how fun to have it all documented. And if you have been following along for even a short amount of time, you know that the documentation was of the good, the bad and the ugly that came with all those changes. This is my journal. This is now my family's journal. And I intend to keep it up and continue to be honest...as I want to look back and remember it all someday.

So thank you for following along. I know some of my friends and family have literally read all all 600  posts in the past 4 years (oddly enough it's exactly 600...this is the 601st post published - craziness). And some you might have thought I was over dramatic, provided you with TMI, or was just plain silly. But no matter what you thought- it's an honor to me that you've taken the time to come back and read them. It really does mean a lot!!!

What about some of my favorite posts?? Well here they are:
It's amusing to me looking back what I used to blog about.  I kind of miss those random posts - maybe I will bring some of them back.  Gym stalking one still gets me every time.

Blog goals for the next year!? Hmmm- keep it up and not to only blog about Charlie. I can't promise that because he's just so cute and consumes my life and heart, but there is other stuff that I think about!! Oh and I really want to make a yearly book. A blog book. So I can have something tangible. Because I love cyber space, but sometimes it's nice to have your stories literally in your hands.

Cheers to 4 years of blogging and lots of fun. I also have absolutely loved following other people's blogs so much. I feel like its this little community and I get more and more excited about it. So also a thank you for those that have your own blogs I follow, it's a pleasure and an honor to follow along your life!!!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Mama! Always enjoy reading your perspective on our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breastfeeding post is hilarious. Even more so when I scrolled to the comments and I saw that I had chimed in. Glad to be one of your faithful followers! :)

    ReplyDelete