Thursday, September 24, 2009

4 years, 3 things

So 4 years ago today, Jimmy and I became "official". For those of you wondering what "official" means, I'm pretty sure it was 1) He met my dad, they went to WalMart to buy underwear together, and Jimmy showered in his hotel room on dad's weekend and 2) We changed our relationship status on facebook--that's a big deal. Jimmy, as kind as he is, already detailed many of the crazies stories of our relationship over the last 4 years on his blog. So if you would like to read, I'm sure you will laugh...because as most of his posts, it goes into detail about how ridiculous I am :) Check it out HERE.

I however, would like to pay homage to this momentous day by thanking him for 3 things, and 3 things only. While there are much more than 3 to thank him for, I can probably just tell him those things in person. So here we go (I'm going to "count" this as my list for the week....if you want to list a reason why you are thankful for you bf/fiance/husband/future boyfriend....feel free to add your comment because I'm sure they are good)!
1. THANK YOU JIMMY.....for tagging the first picture of me on facebook EVER. Of the 1232 photos posted of me on there...I have him to thank for like probably 616 (which is half for those non-math ppl). Here is the first picture of me ever tagged on facebook. It was at a party at our summer house on Laramie St in Manhattan the summer of 2005. That was his first time to Manhattan....I'm thinking that he never even dreamed of how many trips he would make there after that day.






This is the day he went to WalMart with my dad. Day after we became "official"

2. THANK YOU JIMMY.....always making me laugh. No matter what mood I'm in, no matter where we are, no matter what the subject---Jimmy can always put a smile on my face. Today I got a text message from him that said: "Bring M & W (which is our code for Milly and Willy) with you tonight to dinner. I'll fake like I'm blind and they are my seeing eye dogs." I mean maybe it's just my sense of humor, but I laughed-out-loud at my desk. Probably because of the randomness too....but I mean gotta hand it to the guy.

3. THANK YOU JIMMY.....for being a wonderful person. I know, I know, kind of general and broad. But he is. With a limit of only 3 things to list, the first one being about facebook, I had to pull a general one in somewhere. But really, he is the most loving, kind-hearted person I have ever met in my life who is always thinking about other people first and himself last. He always can find a positive thing to say when I'm being a negative Nancy (which tends to be often) and open up my eyes to a world of optimisim I never knew before. He is so supportive and the best friend I could ask for---never judgemental, great listener, and tells it to me straight. Love it, love him.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of us on our cruise in spring 2006. Let's hope we catch a few of these poses on our honeymoon which the location is still TBD :) Isn't it fun to proclaim your love for someone via blog. Ok like I said, more interesting posts to come!


P.S. I could have a #4 (which I know I said only 3)...I would say "THANK YOU JIMMY.....for putting up with my overall ridiculousness at times. Come on girls/women/girl children....every one of us has our own ridiculous quality/fault. It does take quite a man to put up with us at times. So if I could have 4, that would be my 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment