Friday, September 18, 2009

Reason to smile: it's FRIDAY!



I don't know about you, but for me this week has been LONG and just DRAGGED on. I think it's because last week was a 4 day work week with Labor Day on Monday so it flew by, but wow.....if I knew how much having that day off would make this week drag along, I'm not sure I would have chose to take it off. With that said though, here is the list for the week...with a more positive spin....because guess what?! It's Friday and the weekend is here...why not make a list of reasons to be happy it's Friday?

  • No work tomorrow or Sunday- duh that's a given.
  • I get to see our reception venue (good old St. Thomas Aquinas Commons) set up for a wedding tomorrow!! That will be fun and make me get excited I think
  • The beautiful weather in KC that is supposed to happen this weekend. So happy I get to work on landscaping outside all Saturday!
  • Jeans day!!
  • All finance lunch/get together Friday afternoon- means the free pass to leave work at 3:00
  • That rocks!
  • Relaxing weekend ahead
  • Checking off things on the to-do list
  • Cool fall nights paired with beautiful days will make anyone smile
  • Football! First KC Chiefs game is this weekend at home- even though they suck, I love how excited KC gets! Driving into work today on Red Friday there were people all around Hallmark selling papers and supporting the team. GO CHIEFS!
  • Football 2: College football: KSU vs. UCLA in LA. Hopefully the Cats will not be embarrassed, but even if they are...I hope Lauren has a fun weekend in LA and at the game
  • Laughing at yourself (everyone has that moment, but on Friday's it's even more funny!): I got to work and felt weird just randomly, then looked down and realized that my tank top that is underneath my cardigan is on backwards. Guess that's what I get for getting dressed in the dark!
  • Last but no least- if nothing else makes you smile...that freaking adorable wiener dog will!!!


I hope everyone has great weekend plans or no plans and gets to relax and recover from the week! What makes you smile this Red Friday thinking about your weekend ahead?

4 comments:

  1. Beer and Football make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which Lauren is going to be in LA?! How do I not know this?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My roommate Lauren- friend from high school :) So you wouldn't know her Ash!! But are you going to the game??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well I am sure I will run into her! Yes we are going to the game and Peter Kelley has organized a party bus to take us from Hermosa Beach to Pasadena... I am scared I haven't done the whole day of drinking thing since Todd Road!

    ReplyDelete