Friday, January 15, 2010

90999

Have you seen is advertised all over to text 90999 with "HAITI" and that will donate $10 to the American Red Cross?  It was all over the social networking sites yesterday and I saw it on a tweet from Jimmy Kimmel...and it specifically said "this will be charged to your AT&T phone bill".  I think it's a great idea and I actually read an article about the millions of dollars that the American Red Cross made for those injured in Haiti, so what a great idea!!

But to the point of the quick story.  Jimmy and I went out to dinner last night at Salty Iguana because we had a coupon.  Yes, we now only go out to dinner if we have a coupon :)  It was a good coupon too!  We are sitting there and Jimmy blurts out that he texted 90999 like 20 times today and how glad he was because that meant the American Red Cross donated like $200 to the Haiti fund.  I started laughing because he obviously doesn't realize that charges his phone bill.  I then explain to him how the Red Cross doesn't donate the money, but in fact he is donating the money himself and the charges will come through with him phone bill.  He was shocked.  He couldn't believe it.  He said it was a scam and that no one told him that.  And that all he was trying to do was help those in Haiti.  But he seriously texted that like 50 times, not 20.

At this point I'm laughing so incredibly hard.  Jimmy just added $500 to his phone bill.  Not that I don't think donating to Haiti is a great cause, but seriously?  My fiance just did it 50 times and now his phone bill is astronomical........

I'm still hysterically laughing.

He gets mad because he wants to know why I'm not mad that he did that.  And why I'm not screaming at him because he just spent so much of soon-to-be our money.

Um because he can be such an idiot some times it makes me laugh.  This was one of them.

I can't even eat because I'm laughing so hard.  He said he doesn't believe me and that I'm lying and that donating money from your phone through texting isn't even possible.  I show him Jimmy Kimmel's tweet to prove it.

I continue laughing.

Then he laughs and tells me he's lying.  And he didn't really do that, but it would be funny.  He was trying to make me laugh.  And it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment